Thursday, April 3, 2014

3-Tier-Slider Gift Card



Oh my!!  Did I have a blast today!  It's been a lonnnnnnng time since I've made a card just for the fun of it.  I'm usually working with deadlines and new releases.  But I decided today I wanted to play along in a Splitcoaststampers challenge.  Now the last time I did that was....well....so long that I can't even remember.  While looking at this week's challenges, I knew right away I wanted to try the Three-Tier-Slider-Card technique challenge, and then thought, why not add as many as I could.  I mean..why not go "All In"!!  So, I also used this week's Color, Sketch and Ways to Use it challenges.

 

I have a niece graduating from High School this year and thought it would be fun to combine the Three-Tier-Slider card with a Gift Card inside.  Waltzingmouse Stamps came out with the sweetest Gift Card It dies and coordinating Gift Card It stamp set.  Where it says 2014 (I used the Victorian Alphabet for the numbers).  I'll add the gift card later...it didn't match the colors. (grin)  For the top tier sentiment, tag and the front, I used sentiments and flowers from the Gift Card It stamp set.

Now, the Ways to use it Challenge:  WT473,  requires you to use something you've had in your stash for over a month and haven't touched yet.  Well, I've had Sizzix's Primitive Star dies in my stash for probably well over 6 months, and haven't touched them once.  I know...what a shame, eh?  Now they've been officially broken in.

I colored the flowers, on the center panel, with Copics and ran my Anique Linen Mini-distress ink pad over them so they weren't so bright and fit the color scheme of the card.  Lastly, I added some enamel dots (Teresa Collins), as well as a Crystal dot to the navy Twine (Olive Manna).

Oh, and I can't forget to mention that this super fun dp is pb&j by Basicgrey.

Here are the Copics I used:




Here's the color scheme: CC472

 Here's the sketch:  SC482

Wow, that was a lot of info.  I hope you get an opportunity to try one, or all of these challenges over at Splitcoaststampers.  It really gets the creative juices flowing!

Happy Stamping!
_______________________________________________________________________

Stamps:  Gift Card It, Victorian Alphabet (Waltzingmouse)
Paper:  pb&j (Basicgrey), Cream and Navy (AC)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine), Tuxedo Black (Memento), Antique Linen (Ranger Distress)
Accessories:  Gift Card It dies (Waltzingmouse), Primitive stars die (Sizzix), Standard Rectangle die (Spellbinders), Three-Tier-Slider Card Technique, Copics, Enamel Dots (Teresa Collins), Crystal dot (Prima), Twine (Olive Manna), Rhinestones (Pizzazz Aplenty), Baja Breeze Ribbon (SU!), Sewing Machine, Scor-Pal, Dimensional Tape (Scotch)

1 comment:

Allison Cope said...

Awesome!!! Love each and every part of it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs