Sunday, April 27, 2014

Power Poppy May Release: Gerbera Daisy


Hello my stamping friends!!  I'm so excited to finally be able to share what I've been working on lately.  Marcella has designed the most beautiful flowers for this release, and the great news is....they're digital files.  That means instant gratification.  You can order the images and have them right away....today!!

At Power Poppy, we want to give in to your inner voice that craves instant gratification! This May release will be all digital -- meaning you can download, print and use the images as soon as they land in your "in" box! Are you ready for some incredible fun? During the whole month of May, we'll not only share ideas on how to use these beauties, but we'll also give those who purchase them extra ways to win some Power Poppy goodies! Each Friday during May, we'll usher in challenges designed around our new and beautiful digi images! We can't wait to see what you create!

Today, we're featuring the Gerbera Daisies, and they are exquisite!!  They happen to be one of my absolute favorite flowers, and they come in such a beautiful variety and combination of colors.

Now, if any of you are like me, digi files are overwhelmingly scary and intimidating.  But there will be some tutorials on how to work with these files and believe me, once you see how it's done....it's super easy.  I just downloaded the file to my computer, saved it in my Power Poppy file and inserted it into Word.  You then can resize the image to whatever you decide.  That was liberating for me.  I could make my image fit in the frame I wanted.  SO COOL!!  I colored the Gerbera Daisies with Copics then added a bit of highlighting to the center with a white Sharpie pen.

Now, if you haven't already visited the rest of the design team blogs, you will want to do that.  These girls are super creative and have mad coloring skills!!  Check them out:


Here's a list of the Copics I used:
YR09, YR04, YR02, YG67, YG17, YG13, T6, T4, T2

That's it for me today.  Be sure to head on over to the Power Poppy store and get your Gerbera Daisies now!!  They're only going to be offered for a limited time, and they are GORGEOUS!!

              Happy Stamping!
 
_______________________________________________________________

Stamps:  Gerbera Daisies (Power Poppy)
Paper:  X-Press It
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories:  Copics, Heirloom Legacy, Standard Circle, Lacey Circle and Foliage Flourish dies (Spellbinders), Enamel Dots (Teresa Collins), White Sharpie

11 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh girl... you didn't! White on White and that bold orange... WOW!!! Fancy smamcy and I ADORE it all! Gorgeous!

Dawn B. said...

Tosh this is so pretty. I love the orangy reds. I am a rustic kind of coloring gal and this makes me swoon. LOL. Great job on this card.

Allison Cope said...

So sunny and bright and delightful Tosh! Love it! Totally makes me smile girlie!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tosh, how beautiful! I LOVE all the white to really pop these gorgeous daisies! And adding the white Sharpie pen accents is wonderful! Gorgeous die too! Oh, and I bought this already! Woohoo! Thanks for your beautiful work and inspiration! Hugs, sweet friend!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I love your white highlights in the flower centers! Really makes the orange pop. And all that elegant white with the beautiful dies -- magnificent!

Julie Koerber said...

How strikingly beautiful are these blossoms? I love, love, love the deep orange and how you colored them up so light reflectively! GAWGEEEEOUS! :-)

dpkennedy said...

I love those deep orange Gerbera's! They really pop on the all white card-which is just gorgeous!

Katie Sims said...

Absolutely stunning, Tosha! Ok, you can tell me...I won't tell a soul...you actually have a room with nothing but dies, don't you? LOL! I always LOVE your layouts and die cuts...you have the most elegant creations! Those daisies look amazing! :)

Kathy Jones said...

Thud!!! All the white so beautifully showcased with all the diecuts is amazing and then you really wow us with that amazing pop of orange!! Stunning!!

ChristineCreations said...

That die is so gorgeous as a card shape - it’s light and airy feeling and the orange and white is so classy!

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty coloring and like the way you highlighted the sentiment words!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs