Saturday, February 7, 2015

Distress Spray Stain: Yee~Haw Birthday

I made these two cards right around Christmas and never got around to sharing them.  So I thought I would do so today.  I had some fun playing around with Tim Holtz's Distress Spray Stains, and made two different cards with the same paper.  I used Mustard Seed, Barn Door, Orange Marmalade, Tarnished Brass, Vintage Photo and a touch of Black Soot.  




I started by spritzing my watercolor paper with water and then adding the colors letting them run together.    If you let the paper dry in between colors they will stay separate, but I wanted mine to blend more. 

For my first card, I thought the colors would make a good sunset, so I combined two Waltzingmouse sets:  Way Out West and Back in the Saddle  
They're stamped with Onyx Black Versafine



Using the same distressed watercolor paper, I gave my second card an entirely different look.  I just used some stencils, dies and debossing folders.  No stamps on this one.  The gears were diecut out of adhesive backed metal.  I added a bit of Black Stazon to give them some dimension.  The sentiment was made using a Shadow Press Debossing folder by Tim Holtz (Sizzix).  I just sanded it a bit after running it through my die-cutting machine.

The rest is pretty explanatory.  I have the entire supply list at the bottom.

But, before you leave, you should head on over to Waltzingmouse Stamps!!  Claire is having a 40% off Retiring sets sale.  And there are only a few left.

http://www.waltzingmousestamps.com/collections/retiring-sets
 

Thank you so much for dropping by.  I hope I've inspired you to try some Distress Stains.  They are super fun!  And Waltzingmouse Stamps has just the variety of images to make each card unique.

  Happy Stamping!

___________________________________________________________________

Western Birthday
StampsWay Out West, Back in the Saddle (Waltzingmouse)
Paper:  Watercolor, Kraft, White and Black (PTI)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine), Black Soot (Ranger Distress)
Accessories:  Woodgrain Embossing Folder (Sizzix), Distress Stains, Twine, Metal Dot

Geared Birthday
Paper:  Watercolor, Black (PTI), Adhesive Backed Metal (Ranger)
Ink:  Black Soot (Ranger Distress)
Dies:  Gears (Cheery Lynn Designs), Shoot (Spellbinders)
Accessories:  Metal Gears (Ranger), Debossing Folders (Sizzix), Numbered Stencil (Tim Holtz) 
 

4 comments:

Shelly said...

WOW! Awesome cards!

Conniecrafter said...

They are both very cool, excellent masculine cards!

Earline said...

Love your cards someone will be bless to get them. Thanks for sharing with us

Unknown said...

This card may have been posted in 2015 but I’m telling you that in 2019, it’s still a beauty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs