Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Folk Heart Friend ~ Power Poppy


     Allison Cope     Christine Okken     Cindy Lawrence     Julie Koerber     Kathy Jones     Katie Sims     Leslie Miller     Stacy Morgan     Tosha Leyendekker
Hello my creative friends!!  I'm back with another Power Poppy preview.  Today the Bloom Brigaders are sharing their creations featuring a new set called Folk Heart.  And as usual with Marcella's designs, it oozes charm.  I mean look at that sweet bird surrounded by a lovely heart wreath!  Who can resist it?  My heart melted when I saw it.  

I know...I did it again.  I used bold colors.  It's just that when I saw this image I thought of Mary Engelbreit, thus the black background with bright colors.

The image is colored with Copics, and I added the "Friend" sentiment to the edge of the heart.

For more inspiration, check out the following Bloom Brigade Blogs:

Copics:   Bird ~ BG49, BG57, BG45, BG11, Y17, Y15, Y13, R17, R14, R12 Flowers ~ R17, R14, R12, Y15 Leaves ~ G28, YG97, YG95, YG93

That is all for today's post.  I hope you're enjoying the previews so far.
Thanks for dropping by!!

   Happy Stamping!
____________________________________________________________________________

StampsFolk Heart (Power Poppy)
Paper:  X-Press It, I Am (Simple Stories)
Ink:  Tuxedo Black (Memento), Onyx Black (Versafine)
Dies:  Stitched Banners and Rectangles (JustRite)
Accessories:  Copics, Twine (Soiree PinkPaislee), Button (PTI), White Gel Pigment Ink (Signo) 

8 comments:

Katie Sims said...

How lovely this is, Tosha! I love that you went the bold color path for this card...this image really seems to say bold COLOR, please....doesn't it? Your choice of papers, your card design, and your expertly colored image showcases this new set beautifully....definitely makes my heart happy! :)

Leslie Miller said...

This is the most darling set! You did such an amazing job out of your comfort zone again with the colors. I'm having such fun seeing all the papers being used with it, too. Your sweet calico print is wonderful. Such an adorable and sweet card, Tosh!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tosh! I just LOVE this precious bird in the heart-wreath of leaves! Sweetness completely! And you've colored it perfectly, and it does have a Marcella/Engelbreit feel to it with the DP you've used. Beautiful card design with the tag, button, and twine! I'm in love with this birdie! Just smiles so sweetly! Gorgeous, sweet friend! Hugs!

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

This is so beautiful. It reminds me of Mary Engelbreit also. The black paper is absolutely perfect with that image that you have coloured so well. Cheers.

Nora Noll said...

How pretty!! Love this image and the way you matted it against that paper is perfection.

Allison Cope said...

Awww... your little birdie is just too adorable Tosh! Love the whole card - cute papers!

Stacy Morgan said...

Cute!!! Oh Tosh this is so sweet. I like the cas design, great papers and coloring.

ChristineCreations said...

How funny that we coloured our birds exactly the same! I love that we can do something similar but totally different....this paper is so perfect as a backdrop Tosh! The sweetest little design!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs