Friday, April 8, 2016

Power Poppy's Birthday Layer Cake



Hello Friends!!  I'm excited to share another Power Poppy card with you today!  Have you seen the newest digi called Layer Cake?  It's absolutely darling!!!   I love all the layers with the sweet banner that you can customize with whatever you want it to say because it's digital.  I added one of the sentiments to the bottom using Photoshop too.  I'm really starting to get the hang of this digital stuff.  *grin*

I colored the cake with Copics, and wanted to add some sparkle and dimension to the candy dots, so I used an Ice White Pearl Pen (Viva Decor) and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds glitter (SU!) over it before it dried.  I also added some Glossy Accents to the glass plate and ink distressed the border with some Antique Linen Distress Ink.  To vintage it up, I distressed all the edges and added some elegant stick Pens along with some pearls and felt hearts.


That about sums up my card for today.  For some more Power Poppy inspiration, check out the following Bloom Brigade Blogs:
CopicsCake ~ R85, R83, R81, BV20 Banner ~ R00, R000 Cake Plate ~ C2, C0

Thanks for dropping by!  Have a fantastic weekend!

   Happy Stamping!
______________________________________________________________________________

StampsLayer Cake (Power Poppy)
Paper:  X-Press It, sofiero Royal summer recidence (Maja Designs)
Ink:  Printer, Antique Linen (Ranger Distress)
Dies:  Timeless Rectangle (Spellbinders), Primitive Hearts #3 (Sizzix)
Accessories:  Copics, Felt, Seam Binding, Stick Pins (Littlescrapshop.etsy, Teresa Collins), Pearls, Pearl Pen (Viva Decor), Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (SU!), Glossy Accents (Ranger), Sewing Machine, Distrezz-it-All 

4 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tosh, you surely do shabby chic like no one I know - how gorgeous! I love this new Layer Cake digi, and what a great idea to add dimension and shine to the cake and plate! And the dies and embellishments are fabulous! Great layout and a yummy birthday card indeed! Love it! Hugs, sweet friend!

ChristineCreations said...

What a romantic feeling design Tosh...I love how the felt looks, and those candy dots really look like you could eat them!

Stacy Morgan said...

Tosh this is so feminine and sweet. I adore the fuzzy accents on the cake, and love the feel of this. Fantastic!

Davi said...

Wow so gorgeous, very feminine with all the lovely elements and I like the way you featured the cake with the sentiment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs