Friday, August 26, 2016

Minc'ed Wheat ~ Power Poppy



Hello friends!!!  It's Friday!  Already!!  And I am soooooooo glad!!  I'm ready for a weekend, how about you?!?!?  But first, before I start my weekend, I have a Power Poppy card to share with you, that I made using one of the new Power Poppy Clear sets called Prairie Cheer.   I've been Minc'ing again too, and oh is it so much fun.

I LOVE wheat!!  Seriously...the texture, the color, and the fact that it screams Fall (even though we plant ours in the winter and harvest it in the Spring here in central CA).  I thought it would be fun to Minc this gorgeous Wheat image that Marcy has designed, and I LOVE how it turned out.  What a perfect image for a "guy" card, and Minc'ing it gives it that little extra sumpin' sumpin'.

For instructions on how I Minc a stamped image, visit my blog HERE.  I also included a link (in that post) to Becca's blog since that's where I first saw how the Minc machine was used.

In this second photo, you can see what the image looks like straight on without the light catching it "just right".

I also kept the sketch really simple, since it I was going for a clean masculine look, and just added a burlap trip and button.  So easy, but with a splash of pizzazz!! 



http://powerpoppy.blogspot.com/2016/08/apples-in-season-digi-remix-august.html
There's still time to participate in this month's Power and Spark Challenge too.  Shoot...you could win some free Power Poppy images.  How awesome would that be!!!

That about sums up my project for today.  But, in case you haven't already, you really need to check out what the following Bloom Brigaders have to share.  Seriously!!  These gals ROCK!!!

Thanks a bunch for dropping by!!  Have a fabulous weekend!!         and....
  Happy Stamping!
_________________________________________________________________________

StampsPrairie Cheer (Power Poppy)
Paper:  White and Kraft (PTI), Legacy (Simple Stories)
Ink:  Toner and Onyx Black (Versafine)
Dies:  Stitched Rectangles (Waltzingmouse)
Accessories:  Minc Machine, Burlap Trim (Prima), Button (PTI) 

3 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Tosh, this is gorgeous, and I love how you've shown photos with the various light hitting the card. I've seen Becca's video on the MINC machine and love the results. I doubt I will get one and a laser printer, but I can enjoy seeing them. What a perfect layout and great DP, and I love how this is a perfect masculine card. Truly fabulous, my friend! Hugs! xoxo

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the papers and colors. The gold embossing looks great.

Anonymous said...

good photos of your creative cards

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs